Re: [werewolf] Re: HTML

I'm not sure how to *reliably* convert HTML to text, short of making a list of tags to look for, but that'd suck to code and it would miss a lot of stuff. What happens when somebody uses < or > as part of the email rather than as a tag? It might cut out everything past that point.

I could write an awk command to count the </a> or <br> or &nbsp; and guage if it is HTML. But it doesn't really happen that often. I figure it happens as often as mis-typing the subject line.

I don't think this filter would delay the game any more than submitting a bad subject line. The main difference is that this'd have to filter the body rather than just grep the subject line.

Robert Barrell wrote:

How about just stripping out anything not within the body of the HTML, then removing any other HTML tags? HTML emails in Werewolf may be annoying, but bouoncing them back would probably just add delay time to voting, etc. as everyone waits for the offenders to receive the bounces and resend their moves.