Re: [werewolf] Re: HTML

There are a few utilities if you search freshmeat.net.  They take formatted text, like html, and concert to raw text.  You could also pipe it to w3m.
------Original Message------
From: Joe Christensen
Sender: owner-werewolf-users@gamerz.net
To: Robert Barrell
Cc: PBM
Sent: Oct 15, 2005 11:20
Subject: Re: [werewolf] Re: HTML

I'm not sure how to *reliably* convert HTML to text, short of making a
list of tags to look for, but that'd suck to code and it would miss a
lot of stuff.  What happens when somebody uses < or > as part of the
email rather than as a tag?  It might cut out everything past that point.

I could write an awk command to count the </a> or <br> or &nbsp; and
guage if it is HTML.  But it doesn't really happen that often.  I figure
it happens as often as mis-typing the subject line.

I don't think this filter would delay the game any more than submitting
a bad subject line.  The main difference is that this'd have to filter
the body rather than just grep the subject line.