[werewolf] Synopsis: what happened in 226

>Wow. I can't decide if I am glad I missed this game or sorry I missed it.
>Anybody care to email me (I guess privately so everybody doesn't have to re-live it) to tell me what happened?

If we're going to discuss it on the list, it's worth a brief synopsis.

It was a werewolf/mafia/illusionist game. The villagers were having a tough time of it. In fact, all of the villagers were killed of early just leaving a handful of good guy night roles. Both the mafia and wolves were at full strength (3 each). The illusionist, under threat of bandwagon, made a claim to be the seer and started ratting out the wolves one by one. The seer claim lasted several turns until the mafia (fooled by the claim) killed him at night. But the mafia had a near majority by that time and won the game in the following daytime vote. There was a post game dispute about whether ratting out the wolf identities was ethical.

One side of the argument was that the illusionist was just making sure that a bad guy faction won and therefore "won" himself. The only hope for the village was to play the two bad guy factions off against each other so by helping take out the werewolves, he was just looking out for his own success by aiding the mafia.

The other side of the argument is that it isn't ethical of the illusionist to rat out one of his allied teams. The wolves had no hope of survival considering that the illusionist knew all of their identities.