[DL] PT Barnum

Hi guys.  Happy new calendar.

I was wondering whatever became of PT Barnum in the Deadlands universe.  In
our world, by the 1870's he was touring with the Barnum and Bailey Circus.
However, he also was a devoted fundraiser for the North and opponent of
slavery during the Civil War.  So, is he still raising funds for the
protracted war, or did he retire from the fight once slavery was abolished
and return to showmanship?  _Back East: the North_ probably says, but I
don't have access to that right now.  I thought it would be a fun idea to
inject the traveling circus into the path of my posse, but I'd like to stick
with established history wherever I can.

I figure either that the circus, specifically the freak show, is a tool of
the Pinkertons (we're still in 1876) to show fake and innocuous monsters to
defuse people's belief in the real things; or that it is showing real
terrors of the west at a nickel a peek and the Pinkertons want to put a stop
to it.  Or maybe they already did, which is why there is no B&B Circus.  One
way or another, I bet there's an adventure in there someplace.

I look forward to your replies.
David