Re: [DL] New to the list...lookin' for suggestions

> Just asking, is the Tommy Gun manufactured in the DL time line?

Not currently that I know of. The Thompson was first manufactured in the
early 20's and then the Model 1928 was released [the one with the
foregrip. That you see in gangster movies.] The Secret Service Agent
that was cut from "Law Dogs" has the new Browning Semi-Automatic
[background info, the famous Colt .45 was made by John Browning] Given
ghost rock and the War, armaments research has speeded up dramatically.
Hiram Maxim made his .303 machine-gun [the first fully automatic,
belt-fed, IIRC] in 1883 or 1888 [Somewhere in the 1880's, I really don't
recall], so I'd say that it's a fair bet that it would come into being a
few years early. As far as the Thompson goes, there's no reason why you
can't re-write history and have another Thompson design the thing early.
Of course, the Secret Service is pretty much the only ones with .45
Automatic Colt Pistol ammo, which is double the cost of regular .45 Long
Colt and probably hard to get. Same with the Browning Automatic Pistol.

Of course, you can get them if you're Secret Service or Agency....

MGK
--
"Hell hath no fury like the lawyer of a scorned woman."