Re: [DL] Chips: arcane background & plot/item chips

>Hiya all!

Gidday.

>I have some chip ideas at the end of my blabbering, and some real wold chip
>info at the beginning.
>1) What oddball colors of chips could be used to do neat things.

>Charcoal (Black) - Bad Luck Almond (White like) - Good Luck

I'm not sure how much I like a 'good luck' chip (that's what Legend chips
are for) but the Black is a sound idea.. someone else wrote rules for such
(check out PEG's homepage at
http://www.peginc.com/DeadLand/Library/WWLib/WWChip.html) but you might want
to use different rules etc for a bad luck chip of course.

>Grey (iron looking) Dark Green (money looking) Daisy (sun looking) Dark
>Brown (earth looking)

Not sure how much I like the idea of chips for individual arcane
backgrounds. I see it leading to problems because the huckster would never
pull the green chip, while the Shaman would get anything but the brown, etc.
BUT..

>As there are more than four arcane backgrounds should I have one color
>arcane
>background chip to fit all arcane background needs?

Sounds like a plan. There are also rules for such a chip on the webpage
(http://www.peginc.com/DeadLand/Library/WWLib/WWAChip.html), but again, YMMV
(I forget who wrote the Arcane Chip rules, but he must be the really godly
type *grin*)

>Lilac (purple royal and dream like) - (1-point bounty / Counts as a Plot
>[player gives storyteller an reasonable idea for a character related story
>plot] or Item [player with 5-grit can have one of his items become magical
>by
>"good" spirits . . . +1 to hit Handgun, +1d6 to damage Tomahawk, Full Flask
>of Whisky/1day, items can slowly become more powerful over time or newer
>lesser items can be imbued]).

Hmm... maybe, but when would the players 'earn' one? Or are you suggesting
just having one in the pot and cycling it every time it gets pulled?

Brian "Oh alright. I made the Arcane Chip" Leybourne.