Re: [DL] 5 Deck of Cards

At 04:57 PM 1/11/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Thirteen Cards in Five Suits = 65 Cards + 2 Jokers = 67 Cards
>What about Adding 1 or 2 more Jokers to Bring the Total to 68 or 69 Cards?
 If
>so, what would be the effect of these Joker's (Ghoull?) and 3 or 4 Jokers
in a
>Draw Hand?

<tik>
Well - for one thing, the odds of making a poker hand drop drastically, so
at the very least I would reduce the required hands for hexes by one rank
and definatly add another joker.
Two jokers would be too many, since you are only increasing the number of
cards by 20%.  Hmm. . .
the new joker probably shouldn't be a "red" or a "black" joker.
A grey joker. . . the wildcard that represents the strange and sometimes
cruel ironies that comprise life.  It's a wildcard, but the backlash
effects are geared more towards being unnerving and different rather then
being baleful and maleovent.
I kinda like it.  You've got your good joker, your bad joker and your . . .
indifferent joker.

Next game the huckster I'm running may be playing with a 55 card deck.  :-)

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Lee Iacocca:
It found a better car, which was on the other side of the road.