[DL] Stacked Deck

Here's an idea I had for a 'stacked' (kind of) deck. I'm trying to be
different, and give the hexslinger in my party better draw results but with
a cost. Also, I want to get away from the backlash tables etc as we're all
bored of them by now.

The only stipulation with this deck is that the hexslinger MUST use any ACES
or JOKERS that come up in her 5 card hand. If she has all ACES and both
JOKERS (what are the chances of that?) the red joker is the one she doesn't
use.

Red Joker - as usual. Wild and doesn't cause backlash
Black Joker - Wild and DOESN'T cause backlash, however counts as an ACE to
make ACES more potent (see below)

All Aces increase the final hand rank by one (so Ace of Hearts, 7 of clubs,
7 of spades, 2 of diamonds, 5 spades is actually two pair, not one pair
because the Ace gives it +1 rank. Three aces and two nothing cards would be
three of a kind +3 ranks, which is a full house. Etc). The Black Joker does
not give this benefit (it's wild instead).

BUT each Ace has a bad effect too, see below.

Ace of Hearts - Hand rank increased by one (see above), but character makes
a Difficulty 3 vigor roll or has a heart attack (as per the SCART table).
This difficulty increases by +2 for every OTHER ace or black joker in the
hand.

Ace of Clubs - Hand rank increased by one (see above), but character takes
3D4 damage as if from a very small stick of dynamite (roll random hit
locations normally). This damage increases by +2D4 for every OTHER ace or
black joker in the hand. (the 3d4 is damage points, not wounds, divide total
by character size as normal)

Ace of Spades - Hand rank increased by one (see above), something bad, gets
worse with more aces and black joker in hand

Ace of Diamonds - Hand rank increased by one (see above), something bad,
gets worse with more aces and black joker in hand

Get the idea? What do you think? Heart attack for Hearts seemed to make
sense, and damage for Clubs (because he's been clubbed *grin*) but I have
not thought of anything for Spades or Diamonds yet. Any ideas?

Brian "Give them rope and they'll hang themselves with it. But, give them
spiky rope that is poisoned and blows up after twelve seconds and it's even
more fun" Leybourne.

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a
twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals
out there. Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on
fire' and the computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.