Re: [DL] Marshal and Chips

--- Peter Van Overwalle <d_a_r_k_m_a_n_9876@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Say Allan,
>
> What do you do about someone who wants to go from
> D10's to D12's in a stat ? According to the rules,
> he
> needs 36 bounty points to do that. But, gathering 36
> bounty points in 10 chips, doesn't really sound like
> it's possible to me (10 times 3 equals ..... 30,
> right
> ?!) Even with a fate chip (which my players like to
> keep for passing along to prevent wounds !) or two,
> you still don't get there ?
>
> Up till now, I've been using a "Bank" system. They
> can
> start spending their chips for an increase in stats.
> Those chips go into the Bank, and only when they
> have
> accumulated enough bounty points for the increase,
> the
> chips go back into the Fate Pot ! Off course, this
> increase needs to be roleplayed (Moving from D10's
> in
> strength to D12's, requires a helluvalot off bench
> pressing !!!!!!)
>
> Dark "Is there an official system for this ??" Man

You can cash in chips for bounty at the end of a
session, but you don't have to spend it.  That's how
you build up your bounty points to buy up traits, get
new edges, etc.

=====
Sometimes your hunger for life seems like desperation
And when I read about the world these days all I can feel is hatred
The fortune teller is closing her doors
She looked into the crystal and saw nothing at all
--
Steve Wallace
www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Metro/9384/