[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20000113

In a message dated 1/13/00 11:29:12 PM Central Standard Time,
deadlands-owner@gamerz.net writes:

<< It will take some time to figure out the numbers, but I think (hope) they
 will bear out this hypothesis.

 By the way - this one's a doozie of a problem.  Just ask any probability
 expert.  They HATE poker problems.  Most of them I know give up and run a
 program to test all possible combos.

 A'int probability fun? >>

Actually, I got a mutant buddy who was a comp-sci major and a math minor who
literally spends his off days writing programs to figure out exactly what his
huxter's odds are of getting specific hands with specific draws. I'll launch
this problem at him and watch the fireworks. I will then post results....