[DL] a double-double whammy!

Gidday all. Gave out two black chipps the other night in our game. I was
possibly harsh by giving out 2 so close together, but you can let me know if
you think I was or not.

Here's (in a nutshell) the situation.

The posse were tracking a confederate troop who had control of a fort and
had killed a lot of innocents. They found out that all the members of the
troop were in fact being controlled by parasitic creatures (think 'The
Puppet Masters' or 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' except it's the original
bodies being CONTROLED not replacement bodies). They figured out that the
general of the troop was controlled by the Queen. They also found out that
if the parasite in a body dies before being flushed out, the body dies.
There are over a hundred people in the fort, all innocents really since only
20 of them were responsible for the massacres and they only did it because
they were forced to.

In another (side) plot, the Wildman has started summoning Mohave Rattlers to
him every time he uses some of his powers. The others have been telling him
not to use his powers as they don't want wormies around scaring everyone
(they're Pinkertons and are trying reduce fear levels). He has accidentally
summoned worms a few times, resulting in deaths and damaged towns. They're
towards the end of their tethers with him because of this.

First Black Chip - In full sight of the fort, the Wildman changes form into
a bird and flies into the fort. People begin to freak out at this obvious
display of magic, and then an earthquake starts and turns out to be a
grand-daddy mohave rattler who bursts out of the ground and basically scares
the shit out of everyone. So I award a black chip, not unjustifiably I think
(he raised the fear level - even if they were controlled, they were still
afraid)

Meanwhile, one of the posse members gets taken over by a parasite and
wanders into the camp to confer with the general.

Not content with terrorising everyone, the wildman taunts the worm into
following him and flies into the fort. The worm bursts in, destroying much
of the fort and killing 12 people by crushing them. He leads the worm right
to the middle of the fort and lands on the other side of the generals tent.
The worm doesn't even slow down as it smears the tent and occupants into
thin red paste. Not only does the PC die, but the general/queen parasite
dies. As the posse already learned, this means that all the smaller
parasites die, and so every person in the compound (all 100, or 88 left
alive) drop instantly dead. Bad enough that I award a second black chip.

The rest of the posse decide they have had enough of the Wildman and decide
to kill him. He flies into the worms maw and the worm tunnels down and away,
they don't know if he's alive or dead, but basically he's in the hands of
the worms now and all set for my modified 'worms dime novel' adventure.

So, two black chips and 2 dead (or one dead, one MIA) PC's in one adventure.
Fun eh :-)

Brian "My players *love* me" Leybourne.

.-->
Brian Leybourne
NT Systems Administrator
Wang; Air New Zealand
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.