Re: [DL] What to do with a cheater

Well I've had a person in my group like that. Except for the talking bit, he was very quite... but
always cheated on die-rolls(AD&D), adding a few points here and there(Champions), Higher card
draws(Deadlands), etc...  What we did was not give him any important roll in any of the games that
we did, we have pointed it out to him what he is doing, and still did it afterward. We never
allowed him mercy with any of his characters, we knew he wanted to keep it at all costs, and lies
about hitpoints, savingthrows, etc...   And drank too much Pop!!! And was a mooch, we were there
cause he had nothing better to do. He wandered away to do his own thing later on down the road(he
got married to a none gamer type).

--- Chris Aniballi <aniballi@mc.net> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> To make a long story short, I have a cheater in my Deadlands campaing that I
> run every two weeks at my local gaming refuge.
>
> He has, on several occasions, recorded more fate chips than he has, rolls
> constantly and only stops when he gets a roll he likes (never under a 14 on
> his 3d8 quickness....), reports what I have been told by other players as
> higher totals than he has actually rolled. He sits on the far end of the
> table (at my request, due to his loud voice drowing out others if he's too
> close to me). To top off that heaping pile of smoking dung the player has a
> tendancy to be disruptive at times. It's not like he's doing it to be a
> jerk, he's just loud and has a short attention span. He drifts off the
> subject, speaking over me (and I *hate* that!) when I'm doing story elements
> and asides with separated characters and such. It probably wouldn't be so
> bad, but ever since I found out he was cheating I have essentially avoided
> going out of my way to make him an active particiapnt in the story. If he
> decides he wants to roleplay, he can get into it, but as of yet he just
> waits for the action to happen.

=====
Robert Swan [http://grw.techhut.com]
le0rick@yahoo.com