Re: [DL] What to do with a cheater

[little snip]

>(let's call the jackass Bob):

   I have had a difficult player (actually named Bob) who was a notorious
rpg cheater. His overactive imagination made him an excellent rpger, but is
cheating was annoying. The biggest offense happened in a game of
Vampire:The Masquerade and I resorted to another fiendish gambit; I asked
him to run the next game and I was going to be a player. At first he was
really excited (he is also a bit of a megalomaniac) and agreed heartily.
   Without cheating, I became a horrible slayer of any vampire around me,
travelled the world transfixing certain people and then recalling them all
to my hidden outpost in Canada where I groomed an army of vampire slave,
broke the sanctity of the Masquerade, staked a few justicars down and took
down Mr Crowley before a showdown with Baba Yaga in New York. The short of
it was I outwitted him without cheating (in a sense, the logic of the
actions was way out of the scope of playing the game), blew the game world
we used all to Hell.
     Maybe not the brightest alternative but hey, I got to play a game
instead of running one and had fun foiling his plans.

Steve 'I'll take that justicar's heart, thanks' Hill