Re: [DL] Need quest suggestion

>Okay, here might be one of the weirdest character transformations you've
ever
>heard...

   And you are not just whistling the proverbial Dixie.

(little snippage)

> The problem I need help with is, I need
>a good taoist quest for her to go on. Right now the posse is about to enter
>Texas, leaving the coyote confederation. They're working for the pinks, and
>(although they don't know it yet) they've taken on a courier job for Solomon
>Thayer (heh). I'm not sure what to have her do to become a taoist. Any
>suggestions?

       One thing to remember is that the Taoist path (catch the
redundancy?) is really difficult to convey in a situation such as the Weird
West as a PC. Taoism is falling into the natural flow of the universe, it
is learning by teaching and living life without the desire for personal or
selfish gain. Taoists do not use force, as this defeats one's higher aims,
just as Taoists do not try to shape the world to their needs, as this
inhibits others and destroys the self. Utilizing the law of letting nature
flow and not arguing with the way of the world, *some*  Taoists would
likely  allow the Reckoners to transform the planet into a big Deadland
rather than fighting the flow of the universe.
        As the Taoist Chuang-tse said: 'A man feels a pleasurable sensation
before he smiles, and smiles before the thinks about how to smile. Resign
yourself to the proper sequence of things.'
         A Taoist teacher in the Weird West might set up journeys to the
effect of:
              Sending a pupil into an area telling them there is one kind
of abomination and helping the student prepare, knowing there is another
kind of abomination. This teaches to prepare for all situations.
               Or sending a pupil into an area of great political turmoil
to attempt to sort out the town, to teach that you do not clear muddy water
by stirring it with a stick.
       There are many branches of Taoism, and the newer forms stress a
simpler more carefree life. All of Taoism focuses on going with the nature
and flow of the universe, and that  humans, in their most natural state,
are relaxed and going with the flow of life.

Hope that was of some help,
Steve