[DL] A Dastardly Dude (Was: The juices are flowing...)

> So, Rupert died again, his soul even blacker than it was the
> first time. But this death was a post-Reckoning death, and a
> powerful manitou was drawn to Rupert's wicked aura like a
> moth to a flame. Sensing only the overpowering hatred and
> maliciousness, the manitou instantly bonded with Rupert's
> soul. Only afterwards did the demon realize that its host's
> human soul was in fact trapped in an equine body.
>
> At first, the demon raged at its seeming impotency. But it
> still had most of its infernal power. And eventually, with
> Rupert's help, the devil-horse formed a plan . . . Prudence,
> Kansas would soon be theirs for the taking.

Oh wow. Now *this* I really like. The bad guy is the horse. Maybe he has
some mind control powers, so he snatches the weak willed and gets them on
his back, controlling them to be the visible evil guy, with nobody ever
suspecting it's really the horse.

"There's Dastardly Dan! Quick - kill him! Look out.. don't hurt the poor
horse. What a fine animal, I think I'll just take this magnificent creature
for mys... erg... must kill and be evil..."

Some definite possibilities there!

> That's the villain. I'll actually tie this in to the Weird
> West/HOE dual-characters later on, if anyone is still interested.

I would be interested to hear your take on it. I had pretty much decided to
make Willian H. Bonney the bad guy for my story (he's an NPC travelling with
the posse at the moment) but now that I think about it and read through your
idea, I reealise how much I had stressed to the posse how magnificent his
horse is (I decided Billy the Kid would have a nice horse) so I could quite
easily adapt it to be the horse who is the bad guy all along, and WHB is
just his latest victim...

Brian "I like it!" Leybourne

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted
sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there.
Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on fire' and the
computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.