[DL] I need some Campaign ideas... SPOILERS FOR JEFF TOLLE'S posse

Hi all,

Its my time to turn to the list for help.

SPOILERS - If your in my posse please resist temptation.

My posse is headed towards the start of the first major twist.  No major word on that right now - I'll save that for later.

They are headed west from Nashville where they had a bit of a mess up, and were asked to leave by the local Ranger rep.  They leave in the company of a Cherokee who follows the teachings of Coyote.  He works for a Mad Scientist in the employ of the CSA.  Unbeknowst to the Mad Scientist, the CSA captured his family during the forced march on the Trail of Tears, and force him to help the Scientist try to open a portal to the hunting grounds.  There is a reason for this - again, more on that later.

Anyhoo, being from NC, I am interested in the trail of tears and that whole debacle.  Also, they will be travelling by rail.  The first big bruha will be from a train robbery.  Basically the USA is trying to stop the Cherokee from returning.  It will look like a robbery, but it is instead a USA "information gathering" mission.  Think X-files with shadowy figures barely seen directing the "players" in the distance.

Where should the attack occur?  They will be riding black rails - Mina Devlin will not be happy that the posse drew such attention.  That is unless the posse can cover up who they were really looking for.  That means rescuing a "bandit" before the witches do.

Here's my main dillema however, so far they have not run across any abominations, and I want to make the first on a doozie.  Unfortunately one of my posse members is VERY familiar with the dealands products - and I mean VERY.  I so wanted to use a pox-walker, but its supprise will be lost on these guys.  So I need an abomination that reflects the tragedy of the trail of tears, that would be on a train (or maybe a way to get the posse off the train), and that would foreshadow the CSA's

So does anyone have any ideas on where I can go with this idea?

Jeff "I love Buffy - some great campaign ideas there, let me tell you!" Tolle

Free Internet Access from AltaVista: Get it, share it & win!
http://freeaccess.altavista.com/pika/www/initweb.jsp