[DL] Egyptian Mummies in the Weird West

Now, before you react, hear me out...

About a year ago, I was watching a show about the history of Egyptology on
The History Channel or The Learning Channel, I forget which. One thing they
mentioned shocked me. When the first mummies were brought out of Egypt,
there were so many mummies (servants and such, I must presume) that they
were shipped back home (whether to Great Britain or America, or both, I
didn't catch) and used as locomotive fuel! That's right, they stacked them
up like cordwood and ran the trains with them, for a time, anyway.

Having since discovered Deadlands, this seemed like just the sort of
incident that would be a great start to a mystery adventure: a train
(presumably back East, since Ghost Rock would be more plentiful out West)
barrels into the station at full steam and wrecks, causing massive
destruction. The fuel car(?, I'm not sure what that's called) is empty, and
the train's crew is nowhere to be found, until the firebox is checked. The
bodies of the engineer, brakeman, etc. are found stuffed into the firebox
and burned. What happened? With the Reckoning, it seemed like a perfect
set-up for the mummies to come to life and exact revenge upon the train crew
for disrespectfully immolating the bodies of their fellows, stuffing them
into the firebox in the same manner as was being done to them.

I really haven't fleshed the idea any further than that (what the mummies do
after that, how the posse finds them, etc.) because I wanted to find some
confirming source material about mummies having been used as locomotive fuel
in the first place. Anyone have any prior knowledge of this? I've searched
everywhere I can think of and can't find anything useful.

Mucho thanko,

Derek "If I die, think only this of me: I'll be back ta getcha" D. Bass

Etheric Musings -- The Science of the Sons of Ether
http://web.cari.net/~ddbass/Ether.htm

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
Sign up at http://www.mail.com?sr=mc.mk.mcm.tag001