Re: [DL] Egyptian Mummies in the Weird West

In a message dated Thu, 10 Feb 2000  1:02:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Derek D. Bass" <wangenstein@mad.scientist.com> writes:

> One thing they
> mentioned shocked me. When the first mummies were brought out of Egypt,
> there were so many mummies (servants and such, I must presume) that they
> were shipped back home (whether to Great Britain or America, or both, I
> didn't catch) and used as locomotive fuel!

I thought that was in Egypt. Anyway...

Since I'm never one to pass up an opportunity at a shameless plug--The Book o' Curses has profiles for Egyptian and Aztec mummies among a horde of other things.

Sure, it's going to take a rather involved plot (or maybe not) to get a posse of cowpokes to confront an Egyptian mummy, but they're just too darn cool to leave out. :-)

John Goff