Re: [DL] Egyptian Mummies in the Weird West

On Thu, 10 February 2000, "Derek D. Bass" wrote:

> Now, before you react, hear me out...
>
> About a year ago, I was watching a show about the history of Egyptology on
> The History Channel or The Learning Channel, I forget which. One thing they
> mentioned shocked me. When the first mummies were brought out of Egypt,
> there were so many mummies (servants and such, I must presume) that they
> were shipped back home (whether to Great Britain or America, or both, I
> didn't catch) and used as locomotive fuel!

Derek,

Ask Allan or AB where the list archives are now stored.  They can give you the URL.  Then do a search for mummy.  About two or three months ago the list discussed some of the more abhorrent mummy uses (including snorting dessicated corpses), and spun out a few adventure hooks.  I think you will enjoy the conversation.

Jeff "Who couldn't watch Brendan Frasier and not think deadlands" Tolle

Love is in the Air...on a 747  to Paris ... Click here to Win !!!
http://shopping.altavista.com/vday.sdc?campid=682421084