Re: [DL] Egyptian Mummies in the Weird West

It may well have been in Egypt. As I said, I didn't catch where they were
being used. That does make sense, though. I'm sure the archaeologists who
first found out this was going on were horrified. To the Egyptians (those
who didn't care about their history), they must have been dead common and
seemingly good for nothing else. I assumed that this took place in Britain
or the U.S. because, as high society-types in both countries would have
"unwrapping parties" where they literally unwrapped mummies to see what was
inside, I figured they might also be thoughtless enough to use them as
kindling. You're right, this'll take a bit of thinking to work out, but the
idea of playing "Cowboys and Mummies" is just too appealing to give up on.

Derek "At least they'll never need their wounds bandaged" D. Bass

>I thought that was in Egypt. Anyway...

>Since I'm never one to pass up an opportunity at a shameless >plug--The
Book o' Curses has profiles for Egyptian and Aztec >mummies among a horde of
other things.

>Sure, it's going to take a rather involved plot (or maybe not) >to get a
posse of cowpokes to confront an Egyptian mummy, but >they're just too darn
cool to leave out. :-)

John Goff

Derek D. Bass

Etheric Musings -- The Science of the Sons of Ether
http://web.cari.net/~ddbass/Ether.htm
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
Sign up at http://www.mail.com?sr=mc.mk.mcm.tag001