Re: [DL] Harrowed Coup [John/Shane]

--- darklord@dark-sky.net wrote:

> PEGGoff@aol.com wrote:

> > > Hey guys,
> > >     Anyone remember if there was anything out
> there about a Harrowed claiming
> > > multiple coup - ala 3 Lost Diablos for 3 points
> of armor?
> > >
> > > I coulda sworn that there was, but I don't
> remember.
> >
> > I seem to recall it being addressed as well, but
> for the life of me don't recall the answer. As for
> me, I'd say once per abomination—unless there's a
> compelling reason to do otherwise.
> >
> > One visit from Los Diablos in a fair-sized posse
> could result in a Harrowed character gaining several
> Grit and several levels of Armor otherwise.
> >
> > John Goff
> >

> You may be thinking of the nightmare creatures from
> the BotD, a harrowed may count coup on them up to
> three times... but it is late and I might be
> thinking of something totally different.
>
> --Dirk

Good memory, Nightwalkers (pg 96-97 BoTD) says that
coup can be counted on up to three of them.

As for if there's a limit, there should be.  Imagine
the case of the Night Haunt who grants a +6 to sneak.
That could get obscene quickly if a harrowed takes out
a nest of them and there was no limit.  Now a mean
Marshall might rule that theoretically the harrowed
'counts coup' on each Night Haunt in the burrow.  As
he kills each one their fleeing souls merge with his.
He gets no additional bonuses (only gaining the
original +6), but with each extra Night Haunt killed
he becomes more and more shadowy, appearing more like
a Night Haunt, and now having the fear that eventually
he might become one.  Something akin to A Dark
Reflection (BoTD pg 101).

-Munch Wolf