Re: [DL] Arcing a soul blast (Goff)

Well, if we're talking pure semantics, I don't see any reason why a Soul
Blast couldn't arc, split into multiple small tendrils that each make their
own winding way to the target, or snake toward the target, wrap around him
three times before pouring into the target's body through his eyes, nose and
mouth. I'd leave the actual look of the Blast to the individual Huckster.

If we're talking about actual game effect, if the hex requires a target,
then I'd say only that target can be affected, barring extraordinary
circumstances like a hero taking the Blast herself to protect someone else.
I'd never prevent a hero from acting like one.

Just my two bits,

Derek D. Bass

> "When cast, an almost invisible stream of ghostly white energy
> races from the huckster's palm toward his target."
>
> Certainly seems to imply that it goes straight from point A to point B.
>
> I can't see any harm in allowing the arc though, if the Marshal approves
it.

The only reason projectiles are arcing is the gravity force. If you take any
"energy" stream, there is no reason to have any arc. Unless of cource the
energy
goes through an electric, magnetic field, or some other strange energy
field.
But usually, these kind of fields are man created.

But I can imagine a soul blast to miss its target in the middle of a
thunderstorm.

Vincent Vandemeulebrouck
The French tinhorn with a Great name