Re: [DL] More gaming questions

In a message dated 2/22/00 11:47:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hexboy_1969@yahoo.com writes:

> First off, what would you suggest as damage from a
>  bayonet (sp?)?
>    We were thinking of STR + 2d6  With a def of +2.

Sounds good. Roughly the same as a spear, but with weaker DB due to it's
shorter length.

>  Secondly, a question 'bout the Harrowed power of
>  "Hellfire" popped up.
>     With the level 5 power it says that the character
>  can shoot out a jet of fire.  What sort of roll to hit
>  would that require?  (General Deftness, a specific
>  shootin' or what?)

Since he's spitting it, I'd make it Nimbleness (normally, I'd say Vigor for
spitting, but this is a little different <g>). Hand-eye coordination isn't
going to help much for hocking up a flammable spitwad.

>    Also, would the damage target a specific location,
>  or would you treat it as massive damage?

Since it's a "jet," I'd make it a specific location.

Actually, I can see a case for massive damage (but the HOE massive damage
rules make this ungodly). Marshal's call--with a recommendation that if you
use the HOE rules, make it single location, if not use massive damage.

John Goff