Re: [DL] Bayonet [John]

> Sure. I'm still inclined to go with a DB 2 for a rifle that's been
"modified" to accept one. Can anyone provide me a real-world example of a
Winchester-type rifle actually being modified to accept one?

> I'd prefer simply saying only military rifles (Springfield, etc.) can
accept them, to be honest. Although I'm not married to it and could be
convinced with a good enough case to go the opposite direction.

> John Goff

What about shotguns? I've seen examples of shotguns with bayonets (sometimes
referred to as Trench Guns) used in W.W.I. Also I have own a Mossberg 500
with a bayonet attached... the perfect home defense weapon. :)

As for the Winchester (and lever-actions in general), they don't usually
hold up too well to the kind of stresses involved in hand-to-hand combat.

Eric Young