[DL] Movement Issues - Goff

> > Hell, lemme address one of 'em right now.  My group has a major problem
with
> > how this system handles movememt.
>
> Hmm...how about a little more info? What specifically gives you grief?

Hmmmm, where to start?  I guess we're just used to a more rigid system for
handling movement durring combat.  The hassle becomes when people (posse
members and bad guys) are moving durring combat.  For example, lets say the
Ranger is unhappy with the range penalties for shooting the bad guy.  So,
logically, he wants to move in closer.  Lets say he wants to get 10' closer.
His pace is 10 so, this should be easily accomplished in 1 round.  However,
at what point in the round has he successfully traversed the distance?

The way I've handled it is by estimating what percentage of his total
movement this would be then making a guesstimate as to what point in the
round he's completed his movement.  If on Ace he states he's moving and I
estimate the distance he wants to move is 1/2 his current pace, then he
arrives about 8 or so.

The current set-up of being able to move your full pace in a single action
just doesn't feel right.  It basically results in people blinking around the
battlefield rather than there being smooth movement throughout the battle.
I've had a Ranger spend time lining up a shot (spending actions just aiming)
only to have the bad guy suddenly blink (move at double pace) across the
street only 2 cards before the Ranger was going to fire.  Now, all of a
sudden, that spot he was carefully aiming at is now empty space and the
baddie has made it to cover before the shot rings out.  Had the movement
system been smooth, he could've seen the movement occurring and fired his
shot by leading the man slightly.  I know, my example has a flaw... had he
sleeved a card, he could have fired the shot in time.  But that still
doesn't solve the basic problem.

I'm sorry to gripe, Goff...  As I stated earlier, I love the 100% of the
genre but only 80% of the mechanics.  BTW, I'm the one with the Armor
problems... the Knight Templar.  Just FYI, we ended up with a compromise...
Armor 3 vs melee, Armor 1 vs projectile.  The Knight is no longer a problem
as the posse all got offed by a Black Magician and 1 spell... Puppet.  I had
to promise never again to use that spell against a PC just to get the posse
to play again!