Re: [DL] Four Horsemen - my view [Spoilers]

Ok, I know a long time ago that the debate over what
the reckoners really were was brought up.  I wasn't on
the list at the time, nor had I heard of Deadlands.  I
do not have HoE, nor have I read it (I have most all
of the Deadlands materials thought).  I understand
that they they are the four horsemen.

Now for my views, I'm not sure I fully agree with this
viewpoint (if it's the correct one).  I see the
Reckoners (and manitous for that fact) as more of a Q
Continuum thing.  Where they all are seperate
individuals, yet one individual at the same time (From
a biological aspect this could be considered that
reckoners are major organs while manitous are mere
cells).  As for the horseman aspect, this reminds me
more of the original ghostbusters movie, where Goser
asked them to choose the form of the destroyer.  The
horsemen are avatars/aspects/representatives of the
reckoners, but are not the reckoners.  The only reason
they are the chosen form is that they are the scariest
thing out there (and the reckoners love fear).  In an
alternate universe the 100 smurfs of ragnarok could
have been the chosen form.

So what does this have to do with the current
discussion?  Well with this view the form of the
destroy hasn't been chosen yet, making a moot point of
who is the avatar of each form.  Devil's advocate says
though that since past and future are closely linked
the form has been chosen and hosts are needed.  This
bodes the question: What is so important about this
time period?  Sure I can see Stone and Hellstrome as
being servants since they have a big impact on future
events, but why would the other two have to even be
born at this time?  As I understand it it's several
years before the bombs are dropped and the horsemen
released.  Likewise for the anti-horsemen, why would
they even be born at this time?  Ghandi would make a
nice anti-war.  Of course the whole idea of anti-horse
men confuses me.  Why would the forces of good feel
obliged to play by evil's rules?  Why did the forces
of good let evil manipulate time and change the
future?  What exactly would these anti-horsemen do to
counteract their evil counterparts?

What are people's opinions?  I am mostly curious about
your views on how the reckoners are presented.

-Munch Wolf