Re: [DL] A question of Persuade...

Hmm, very interesting conversation...
My take...

Well, I do agree that less articulate players shouldn't get shafted, and I
would allow just "I persuade him". But, I also make provisions for
"Impossible rolls" just like "Easy Rolls". In every game that even tries to
simulate reality in even the tiniest bit, there are automatic failures and
automatic successes. Say, with a gunshot, if a player wants to fire his gun
in the air and aim the path of the bullet to land on a target...that normally
just won't happen.(from what I know about guns) Its just not possible to arc
a bullet onto a target. Automatic failure.
If he's aiming at a moving target, he'd roll to see success\fail etc. If it
was an immobile target, lying there, he'd get an automatic success.(provided
nothing else effects his shot, if he's really drunk he'd have to roll, for
example.) Now, I have always interpreted it that Impossible\Possible\Easy
differances occur in social skills just like with all other skills. Now, I
would say that a manacled prisoner, known to be working for a enemy
governments and a  very dangerous monster, being taken to a special holding
area for containment, would not be able to ask an Agent guarding him state
secrets and expect him to answer truthfully, no matter how high is persuade
roll is.
In other situations, he could definetly roll. if, in Ghoull's example, he had
a way to make the Agent let down his guard, well yes, he could try it.