Re: [DL] Call for discussion, re: Vulgarity

> On that note - I've been thinking about asking folks
> whether the current
> policy toward vulgarity is acceptable?
>
> The policy is that vulgarity is not welcome, but only
> repeated and/or
> abusive usage will get you knocked off of the list.

Keep it as it stands.  Communication in RL is getting much
worse to begin with.  Maybe if we continue a bit of
"proper" communication rules on this list, it will trickle
back into the world.  And besides, like you said, we are
all (allegedly) intelligent enough to make a point without
having to resort to vulgarity.  Finally, IMNSHO, allowing
will also slacken people's attitudes about personal attacks
and flaming, which this list *usually* does a fairly decent
job of avoiding.

Now if we could only enforce grammar and proper (or any)
use of punctuation on this list...

Patrick