[DL] Persuading

Howdy all, now I know everybody has said something about this, guess I will
too.
Around here I've played with the same pool of ppl for over 10 years. A
frequent player stutters a lot. So when his character goes for the fast
talk, persuading, talk roll he'll give me a quick version of what he is
trying to do and how. Then he rolls.
I allow my players to make the big speech if they want, and I'll award them
for it. However, if they don't want to I at least get them to give a
description of how they persuade and what information they want. The roll
will be made. I'll give them what information the roll allowed modified on
how well their approach works. Most times when I drop into NPcharacter it
will spur more questions from them and we roleplay it out, again based on
that first roll.
Anyway, that's how I do it around here.

Not OT but just curious, does anybody else out there take forever to make a
character for a game like I do? I just can't whip out a character and be
ready to play in an hour like my buddies. Sometimes it takes me days to
create one, so I can get his personality down before I commit the numbers.
Just curious, I'll go back to lurking now.