[DL] [DEADLANDS] GM, New To Deadlands, Seeks Advice.

> Having found myself in the odd situation of posessing some
> supplements
> for this system, but not the main rules book, I'm wondering;
> What, in the opinion of people who have actually played or
> run the game,
> is a good thing to have? ( in addition to the core rules, of course )
>
> I've got "Hucksters & Hexes", "Quick and the Dead" & "The
> Great Maze",
> and given that I'm in the back of beyond, when it comes to
> getting hold
> of RPG producs, it makes more sense to do a small number of large
> overseas purchases.

Greetings fellow Kiwi/Aucklander.

I recognise that list of suppliments as being the only ones "Pendragon
Games" were selling in the last few months of their demise. Now there is
nowhere in Auckland to buy Deadlands books (you might try "Heroes for Sale"
above Stages on Queen St, but they're *really* overpriced. $90 for the Brave
New World main book, $85 for the world book and $70 for the GM screen. As a
general rule, they have no Deadlands stuff but you never know.)

As to what you need, what you have is not a bad list to start with.
Obviously you need a copy of the main rules (it's two books now, and makes
"Quick and the Dead" mostly redundant, but thems the breaks), and I would
suggest "Law Dogs" as being extremely useful as well. Otherwise, tailor it
to your posse - if you have Mad Scientists, get the MS book, if you have
Indians, get the Ghost Dancers book, etc.

I have all of the books, so if you want to look at any of them before you
order, we might be able to arrange that.

As for ordering, I have bought three "large lots" of books from Pinnacle and
the service is great - you have no worries ordering from them. Actually, to
be honest, when I ordered, it was from the West Coast crowd (before the
PEG/AEG split) but I'm sure they're still just as good now that PEG
themselves are handling orders.

Brian "North Shore boy" Leybourne.

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted
sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there.
Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on fire' and the
computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.