Re: [DL] DL: Fate Chips question

At 02:02 PM 3/15/00, you wrote:
>This may be a stupid question, but when giving out fate chips at the end
>of a chapter in an adventure, some printed materials give out 1blue chip
>to each posse member.  My problem is that my posse tends to hoard fate
>chips, especially blue ones, and it is a rather large posse (7 members)
>What do you do when you run out of blue chips?
>We're playing tonight, so I hope someone can give me advise soon. . .
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Andy Grunwell

Well, with me, if the Posse is hoarding chips and they are given out, I
give out the next lowest chips (so all blues taken would become a red) with
2 exceptions:
1) If *I*, the Marshal, have a Blue chip (or other) and there aren't
enough, I immediatly ditch the Blue.  The players earned the award and to
do otherwise would be to be a jerk.

2) I generally offer the chance to trade in Blue chips (if there would not
be enough) for Bounty if someone has a Blue chip.  if they do not do so,
then if someone gets a Red, they do.  If it is a big enough reward everyone
should get more then one Blue then they are SOL.  that does not happen much
as I generally reward chips in game when players do something to earn it,
not at the end.  With my memory, thats the best thing for me.

my 2 bits

Da Baron