SV: [DL] DL: Fate Chips question

> This may be a stupid question, but when giving out fate chips at the end
> of a chapter in an adventure, some printed materials give out 1blue chip
> to each posse member.  My problem is that my posse tends to hoard fate
> chips, especially blue ones, and it is a rather large posse (7 members)
> What do you do when you run out of blue chips?
> We're playing tonight, so I hope someone can give me advise soon. . .

Well, if they hoard the chips, then it is really their problem... give them a red and a white instead. Same value in Bounty. Or, give them two reds. That way, it will be more chips for you to hose 'em over with later.

If you think it is a problem, mention to them that as long as they don't use their blue chips, they will miss out on new ones. Anyway, players are strange creatures. One of mine turned in all his chips to bounty after each session, so that he "wouldn't waste them on damage." He also figured that Chips=Bounty and nothing else, no matter what, so when he was forced to spend chips to save his behind, he blamed me for "taking away his experience points". Also, when the chips spend on a scenario didn't exceed double the total bounty for that scenario, the scenario was "a loss" (mind that this was with the old bounty system). Interesting points of view from othervise (mostly) adult and competent players.

Whatever you do, make it equal. Either all players get a blue chip, or nobody. Unless, of course, it is a individual reward.

Marshal Ole I. Stene