Re: [DL] Firing and HtoH

> Basically, if you've got a knife and Ive got a gun, its fairly obvious
whos
> going to win the fight. You could be the best knife fighter ever, but I
just
> have to basically point at you and move my finger and your down. No amount
of
> fightin' should save you there.
>
> Hence the old expression: "Bringing a knife to a gunfight."

I'll have to disagree with that. Have you ever seen an experienced knife
fighter? At the police academy we're taught that anyone armed with a knife
within 21 feet should be shot. An accomplished knife fighter can easily
close that distance and stick you three or four times faster than you can
imagine (certainly faster than most can draw a gun, granted if you've got
your weapon out and pointed at the person that's a little different). Firing
on a dodging target at close range is a lot harder than most people think.
There have been cases of two people running in circles around each other at
ranges below 10 feet firing without managing to score a single hit.
Never underestimate someone armed with a knife. Trust me, I've been there.

Eric Young