RE: [DL] Firing and HtoH

>"I'll have to disagree with that. Have you ever seen >an experienced knife fighter?

<slice>

>Firing on a dodging target at close range is a lot >harder than most people think.

OK, I'll give you that someone who is experienced w/ a knife is a deadly fellow.  But you quote an example of someone who is experienced with a knife going up against someone who is obviously not nearly as experienced with a gun.  The whole gist of the original question was why is there a larger target number for knife fighters.  (ie why is it harder to use a knife than a gun.)

Without getting into a "my-character-can-kill-your-character" type of argument, this is spurious logic at best.  Of course someone who is skilled at knife fighting is going to gut me like a fish - no matter what I have in my hands.  Try an expert knife maneuver against an expert marksman and there will be a different story.

Now I don't claim that the gunman will win every time, but I will say that the difference in TN is easily justifiable.

In addition you desribe a situation where the opponent already has thier weapon out, while your is holstered.  Again, I cry no really fair.  Of course - all other things equal - I would rather have my weapon out than not.  DUH!  However, this was not the original thrust of the question.  In the given situation, both folks had thier weapons out.

So - Let's even out the footing, since that was the example cited in the original post.  I would have to say, given equal skill and readiness with either weapon, pick the gun.

Jeff "It's all in there" Tolle

For the largest MP3 index on the Web, go to http://mp3.altavista.com