RE: [DL] Firing and HtoH

"I'll have to disagree with that. Have you ever seen an experienced knife
fighter? At the police academy we're taught that anyone armed with a knife
within 21 feet should be shot. An accomplished knife fighter can easily
close that distance and stick you three or four times faster than you can
imagine (certainly faster than most can draw a gun, granted if you've got
your weapon out and pointed at the person that's a little different). Firing
on a dodging target at close range is a lot harder than most people think.
There have been cases of two people running in circles around each other at
ranges below 10 feet firing without managing to score a single hit.
Never underestimate someone armed with a knife. Trust me, I've been there."

Don't forget though, that what you are talking about is already covered, in
the case of who has a higher card (for action) and if the gunman can draw
(quick draw) in time.  The whole point is you cannot add your fighting skill
to the shooters target number, no matter how good you think you are with a
knife.  Period.  However, I do like the houses rule that if you are in melee
with a long barreled rifle (or gun) you have a harder time hitting your
melee opponent, and myself and my posse use that rule.  Thanks Alan!

Plus, I have also heard of this 21 foot rule, and have talked to other
experts that refute it.