[DL] [Newbie] Rules questions

After playing the first couple of seesions, i have a couple of questions
about the rules:

How many bounty points does it cost to buy a new skill at skill-level 1?

The rules would suggest a cost of 1, but the other members of the gaming
group figure that that would be too cheap so we agreed to pay 4 BP until we
could get a second opinion.

Also what does a horse cost: $ 50 of $ 150? the rulebook has both!

Finally a question about preventing damage by using fate chips. It is
possible to use more than one, right? And they make that the damage never
happened, thus reducing a mortal wound to heavy by spending enough points
would be possible, right?

Ok, that´s all for now...
---
Volker A. Greimann