[DL] Re: Lost Angels Health Spa <Spoiler>

BAuri65055 wrote

>Spoiler

Marshals Handbook (p.128)
"The nature of Grimme's dark religion prevents his followers from
transforming into ghouls or wendigos- the fate of most cannibals."
Considering thats how Grimme influences the city its safe to assume that
anyone partaking probably wouldnt become a wendigo or ghoul, not EVERYONE in
Lost Angels is a cultist after all and they dont change into huge furry
beasts. Thats what makes the whole thing so subtly evil. People eat people
every day and never even know that they are doing so. <

If Grimmes free feed would turn people into abominations or Lost Angels
would be an even more dangerous place to walk through :).  I actually
wondered though if the (unknowing) cannibalism encouraged by Grimme maybe
made the munchers more susceptible to his preachings. Therefore you may be
fine eating it once, but after a couple of free feeds, a character starts to
think that Grimme actually talks some sense (much to the horror of his
friends).

So far my group have figured out that Grimme is one of the main causes of
the food shortage, however they don't have a clue about how he feeds the
town on Sunday's and haven't show and seem to have accepted the event as
normality (or as close as Deadlands gets to it anyway).  Therefore if they
survive their present predicament I know they'll be back for seconds.

Roy

BTW: I never actually lured them into partaking the first time.  We were
doing the Pass the Salt adventure as a way of introducing my posse to the
Great Maze.  So when they returned to LA I thought they could see the main
Sunday event.  They went looking for DeCarlo's female friend (from the
photo).  I figured she would be helping out as the Guardian Angels do.
Someone decided to chat her up. Someone else took that as a a challenge and
before they knew where they were, they a plate full of food and were
scoffing it down trying to impress.  It's great when players don't have a
clue what they are getting themselves into.  However when you think about
it, getting purty Guardian Angels to assist with the food wouldn't be beyond
Grimme.