Re: [DL] Re: Lost Angels Health Spa <Spoiler>

>Spoiler

>>If Grimmes free feed would turn people into abominations or Lost Angels
>>would be an even more dangerous place to walk through :).  I actually
>>wondered though if the (unknowing) cannibalism encouraged by Grimme maybe
>>made the munchers more susceptible to his preachings. Therefore you may be
>>fine eating it once, but after a couple of free feeds, a character starts to
>>think that Grimme actually talks some sense (much to the horror of his
>>friends).

I think the fact that it DOESN'T affect his flock in that way makes the whole
thing that much more horrifying. I forget which philosopher said that
humanity is only three meals away from savagery, but this puts kind of a new
spin on it. Grimme is providing for a need, and you listen to the rhetoric
because it gets you the food. After a while, it starts to worm its way into
your mind, not due to some supernatural force, but because you associate the
food...that which is keeping you alive...with the messages he's giving you.
Pavlovian before Pavlov.

I'm not even going to touch the Inner Circle, who know what's going on, but
partake anyway.

--Jacques