RE: [DL] Japanese in DL

>Anyone who's studied Japanese martial history knows that
>there are any number of armed and unarmed fighting arts >practiced by the
>samurai.

i'm not among them obviously :)

>Aikido and jujutsu are two of the more well known >fighting arts
>adopted by the Japanese>

thanks for correcting me and giving me new information.  what confuses me though is that Aikido was created around 1940 wasn't it?  i don't think the samurai were around any longer.  anywho, aikido is the redirecting of the attackers force to be used against him by way of a throw, hold, or both.  sort of a passive aggressive scheme.  karate on the other hand, such as that originating on the island of Okinawa, uses more direct force in the form of kicks, punches, and blocks but is not limited to them.  so how do you think i could incorporate these things into a character?  should i get the Great Maze and just use the kung fu moves?  i think i'll have to do some research either way and perhaps come up with more traditional moves and somehow work them into the system.  any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly welcomed.  i guess i like to talk through the ass about subjects that i know little to nothing about....you gotta problem with that??  that's right i'm 'ignorant with an attitude'.  the worst kind ; )

>In fact one art, Iajutsu (sp?), was solely concerned with
>the strike after draw.  A duel would consist (for example) of the two
>fighters facing each other kneeling.  At some signal they would both draw
>and strike.  In many cases one or both would be dead or crippled afterwards.

umm, ouch.

"It's amzing what you can do when you don't have to eat, sleep, or breath anymore"  - undead rustler

Get your own FREE zombieworld.com Email account at...
http://www.evilemail.com

zombieworld.com - The dead come back to life, just for you.