Re: [DL] Re: [HoE] I Ran Killer Clowns - Finally!

Allan Seyberth wrote:

> >Believe it or not, we've been talking about this and are
> >considering...waffling. Once I get done with the MA part of Hexarcana and
> >compare point costs to capacity for mayhem, I'll let everyone know how it
> >pans out.
>
> Well, the house rule I use is that if you are using a martial arts or other
> bare-handed attack, the bonus dice are added to the Strength portion of the
> damage.
>
> A martial artist with a str. of 2d10 smacking someone would do <2d10> +
> 1d6.  Same martial artist putting the smackdown on someone with a boot to
> the face would do <4d10> + 1d6.    It give a bonus for a head shot, but not
> as bad as adding 2 base dice to the damage - which is important because of
> the +2 to hit location for brawlin' means that there are a lot more
> "natural" head shots.

I'm just the opposite.  I increase the martial artist's bonus dice.  In your example, a "boot to the head"
would do <2d10> + 3d6.
I just like making a martial artist able to compete with them gunslingers.

--
"What does an actor know about politics?"
  -Ronald Regan (complaining about Screen Actor's Guild

Lord Jobe, God of Psiberspace (The Landscape of My Mind)
"Universes Exist in My Mind."
ICQ# 17774785