Re: [DL] huckster problem

At 02:33 AM 3/29/00, you wrote:
>I set myself up for this one and didn't even know it.
>
>Heres my problem...
>

>For those of you in my group this is spoiler space!

>You still readin this ryan?
>

>I now have three, count em, three hucksters in my possse.  Two hexslingers
>and one regular one.  They all (thanks to my stupid meddleing) have arcane
>prodigy.  This would be ok except for the fact that they have discovered the
>fact that they can trade hexes.  In mere minutes the entire contents of each
>mans spellbook was learned by the others.  The problem goes something like
>this.  Time to learn a spell from a teacher 2d20 - half time for having an
>experianced caster teach it to you - half time for being an arcane prodigy -
>the fact that you can make a roll to reduce the time by 2 hours per raise.
>All in all this means that a huckster can learn a new spell in under an
>hour!
>
>My solution: Sit in the fetal position and pretend it isn't happening.  Also
>I put a cap on the time at one hour so at least they take some time to learn
>something.  I know I dug my own grave on this one but please somebody help
>me out here.  I already have some traps set up for other members of the
>posse, (EG the revanant, reverand wiclife from the mission adventure, and
>some nasty demetias for the local MS.)  But I don't know how to deal with my
>untouchable trio.
>
>Please anything that could be used to my advantage!  Monsters, stupid NPC's,
>adventures of death and doom, horribly awful relics anything!
>
>Ronald "The Uber-Twink" Conner
>Marshal of the insane gunbunny runners

well, they still have to pay for the spells, 5 points each.  They cannot
just "get them" this should be a limitation in and of itself.  If every
spell costs 5, and they have alot of spells, then it will still take a long
time, Bounty wise, even if they decide to buy nothing else.

Plus hucksters have that built in "Black Joker" issue.

I myself don't have the 1 hour minimum.  it never comes up, but I have a
theoretical minute minimum.

There are 150 Hexes out there, more then anyone else gets.  how many can
they have?

TBS