Re: [DL] huckster problem

"Ronald Conner" wrote:
 > I set myself up for this one and didn't even
know it.

 > Heres my problem...
 >

 > For those of you in my group this is spoiler
space!

 > You still readin this ryan?
 >

 > I now have three, count em, three hucksters in
my possse.  Two hexslingers
 > and one regular one.  They all (thanks to my
stupid meddleing) have arcane
 > prodigy.  This would be ok except for the fact
that they have discovered the
 > fact that they can trade hexes.  In mere
minutes the entire contents of each
 > mans spellbook was learned by the others.  The
problem goes something like
 > this.  Time to learn a spell from a teacher
2d20 - half time for having an
 > experianced caster teach it to you - half time
for being an arcane prodigy -
 > the fact that you can make a roll to reduce
the time by 2 hours per raise.
 > All in all this means that a huckster can
learn a new spell in under an
 > hour!
 >
 > My solution: Sit in the fetal position and
pretend it isn't happening.  Also
 > I put a cap on the time at one hour so at
least they take some time to learn
 > something.  I know I dug my own grave on this
one but please somebody help
 > me out here.  I already have some traps set up
for other members of the
 > posse, (EG the revanant, reverand wiclife from
the mission adventure, and
 > some nasty demetias for the local MS.)  But I
don't know how to deal with my
 > untouchable trio.

 They aren't untouchable. Hucksters still tend to
die if you shoot them.

Take advantage if any one gets backlash. Like
they try to cast Forget and end up forget part of
one of there Hexes instead. Just enough of it to
hurt another huckster once they try to cast it
again.

 > Please anything that could be used to my
advantage!  Monsters, stupid NPC's,
 > adventures of death and doom, horribly awful
relics anything!

 Witchhunters. If one is blatent in a town have
the town try to lynch them.

esquire@gamerz.net with
 > 	unsubscribe deadlands
 > as the BODY of the message.  The SUBJECT is
ignored.

Spacedog