Re: [DL] Necronomicon?

I was playing in a game, based in Lost Angels. My character found
a book like the one you describe. As we were escaping Rock Island
we were trapped by the Angel of Death. So my character, knowing
some Latin, scanned the book quickly and read a passage. As the
Marshal described what happened, liquid fire appeared around the
posse and my character and began to flow outwards enveloping the
bad guys. Now, tell me that is not tempting for a character to use
again. I had to roll a spirit check, and if I failed I would have lost a
point of faith or a spirit die type, or gained a corruption point. I also
gained need or addiction to the book. Which luckily one of my
posse noticed,removed the book from me which was then destroyed.
But, and here's the kicker, because I read the passage, my character
still retained the power I had used.