Re: [DL] question about errors

> You could always make it two seperate powers: Gimmick Weapon, you're
> skilled in one particular item as per the rules. Weapon of Opportunity:
You
> can pick up ANYTHING and use it as a weapon, using your Fightin': Martial
> Arts, with a slightly lower set of damage bonuses than Gimmick Weapon.

I'd been thinking about something along those lines for some time, simply
because the way Gimmick Weapon is described had originally led me to believe
it only worked with a specific weapon, but I'm not sure.

Actually, I'd be more inclined to make a "Signature Weapon" type power, that
provides better damage/defensive bonuses than the Gimmick Weapon does. At
low levels, Gimmick Weapon is actually only as effective (and sometimes even
less so) as the martial artist simply whaling on the bad guy with his fists.

However, I'd rather do "cool" powers rather than just a Deadlands form of
weapon specialization...

:-)

John