[DL] Netiquette [OT] (was: Money: How much is too much?)

Just a quick note to remind anyone who's new to the list.  Generally
speaking it's considered the polite thing to do (Netiquette or Etiquette on
the Net) if you trim out the parts of a message that don't directly pertain
to your comments.  To quote the entire message and then only add one line at
the bottom is considered "bad form" and wastes bandwidth as well as making
the task of wading through the digest even more tedious.  See below for an
example of what I would have trimmed out.  I don't intend to be mean or
abusive, just trying to offer a little constructive criticism.

Thanks,
Jimbo

<blank lines can be snipped easily>

> Charles Bowden schrieb:
<snip second reply to first message unless it's what you want to comment on>
> > Charles
> >
> > "Tabb, David" wrote:

<snip parts of the first message that may not be necessary to your comment.
If you snip too much people may not be able to follow your reasoning.  If
you don't snip enough - or at all - then they may not scroll all the way
down to even read what you have to say>

> > > What can I do?  Or am I worrying too much?

<definitely snip add on stuff like this>