[DL] The Old West: Day by Day

Greetings fellow Deadlanders,

As many of you no doubt remember, Steve Long used to post "This Day in the Old West" messages to the list based on entries in the book "The Old West: Day by Day".  Many of you are probably also aware that this book isn't that easy to find except on Amazon and Barnes and Noble and it runs $60.00.

Well, I searched Amazon for this book a few minutes ago and they do have it, although for the typical $60.00 price tag.  However, doing a search on "all products" for this book generated a listing in their "zShops" for a company called Daedalus Books that had five copies of it for only $14.95!!!  Needless to say, they now only have four copies left!

Anyway, if anyone has any interest in picking this book up at a quarter the regular price, head over to amazon.com and search all products for the book.  If Daedalus still has copies, they should show up in the zshops portion of the returned search results.

Also, you may be able to go directly to Daedalus Books and get it there at daedalusbooks.com or by calling their toll free number 800-395-2665 and purchasing one.  I'm not positive if you can buy it in either of these ways or if you have to go to the amazon site and do it from there, after which you contact Daedalus to arrange for payment, which can be done by money order, check or credit card.

I just wanted to let everyone know about this as I figure there may be some interest in getting it for that price.

Jim