Re: [DL] Greatest Fear? and the Tao

> that she is a self-guided taoist- her teacher is long gone. Any ideas as
> what sort of things she could be doing to be more 'religious' other than
> prosthelytizing and / or using miracles?

Well, I don't see any way that proselytizing could be considered "religious"
to a Taoist.  Preaching to heathens isn't really a staple of Eastern
religions.  I think that perhaps a way for him to actually do soemthing
actively would be for him to buy the Sidekick Edge in the form of a pupil.
Taoism, from what I know of it, is a very passive religion.  Simply
following the way of the Tao should be all a Taoist should need do to be
faithful.  There's something in Christianity about going forth and preaching
to the masses, so that's probably why they do it.  I don't think that a lot
of other religions have that sort of thing asked of their followers, so that
makes "Western" religions a bit different from "Eastern" ones.

Nick "of course, I probably got somethign wrong" Zachariasen