Re: [DL] Greatest Fear? and the Tao

> Okay, I've got a new player and he's got an interresting nightmare that,
unfortunately, he may need to face real soon... Y'see, he's very heroic and
very much >wants to rid the world of the evils of the reckoning. His
nightmare is that when he dies he'll come back as harrowed! Now, of course,
here's the problem- what >do I do for that nightmare? It seems just too
bland and basic to make his nightmare completely parallel what's really
happening.... Anyone got any good ideas?

     How about this...in his nightmare, the character gets torn apart by
some hideous monster. However, in the process, he manages to shoot the
monster dead and save the town. When he's lying dead, the character knows
that he can get up again and live anytime he wants to...only as a harrowed,
with the manitou in control. He then has to check for self-control while
they're picking his body up, putting it into the coffin, holding the
funeral, and burying him. Does he really have the guts to accept death when
an alternative is available? Time to find out.

                            ---Ghoull