[DL] Greatest Fear? and the Tao

Okay, I've got a new player and he's got an interresting nightmare that,
unfortunately, he may need to face real soon... Y'see, he's very heroic and
very much wants to rid the world of the evils of the reckoning. His nightmare
is that when he dies he'll come back as harrowed! Now, of course, here's the
problem- what do I do for that nightmare? It seems just too bland and basic
to make his nightmare completely parallel what's really happening.... Anyone
got any good ideas?

The other problem is another character who is a Taoist. Now, to me it's easy
to see what a lot of the judeo-christian blessed do ritual-wise out on the
frontier, and what their basic goals are... But with a taoist? She and I both
want her to have something to do other than read the Tao Te Ching, but I'm
under the comprehension that Taoism is a very personal thing, and thus I
can't really come up with anything in particular that she would be doing- no
sermons, no devotionals.... This is even worse when compounded by the fact
that she is a self-guided taoist- her teacher is long gone. Any ideas as to
what sort of things she could be doing to be more 'religious' other than
prosthelytizing and / or using miracles?