Re: [DL] SPOILER Greatest Fear

--- JSilver545@aol.com wrote:
> Okay, I've got a new player and he's got an interresting
> nightmare that,
> unfortunately, he may need to face real soon... Y'see,
> he's very heroic and
> very much wants to rid the world of the evils of the
> reckoning. His nightmare
> is that when he dies he'll come back as harrowed! Now, of
> course, here's the
> problem- what do I do for that nightmare? It seems just
> too bland and basic
> to make his nightmare completely parallel what's really
> happening.... Anyone
> got any good ideas?

Remember that unless your fortunate enough to have a payer
with d10 spirit who's nightmare is to get his fingers eaten
by zombies (Can't make this stuff up), then you can fudge
things a bit for the nightmare scenario.

Personally, I would put him through a series of symbolic
tests to see how he reacts.  For example, put him in a
situation where he has to use a harrowed power to survive.
If he doesn't use the power, he wins that round.  Alternate
between making him aware he is harrowed and totally
abstract situations that seem (to him) to have no relation
to *anything*  Sorry, I can't be too specific, but I'm more
uncreative than usual tonight.Hope this helps...

Patrick